I’m a Serial Bargain Hunter – Here’s How to Make Your Home Look Luxe for Less
Who doesn’t love a good bargain? Especially when it comes to creating your dream home without breaking the bank. Interior design enthusiast, Jade, known on Instagram as @feel.at.home.inspo, has made it her mission to help bargain hunters dress their homes to impress. With her savvy homeware hauls and budget DIY tips, Jade has amassed a massive following of like-minded individuals looking to have an Instagram-worthy home without spending a fortune. Here are her top tips for creating a luxurious home on a budget:
Stick to Neutral Colors
When on a tight budget, it’s essential to prioritize what you purchase. Start with a neutral color palette for a fresh feel and easy accessorizing. With neutral colors, you can always add or scale back if necessary. Once you have your base, consider playing with different layers and textures. Layering and texture add interest to a neutral palette, so take inspiration from natural elements and textures like cheesecloth, bouclé, and woven rattan.
Opt for White Bedding
Nothing gives off a luxury hotel vibe quite like white bedding. White bed linen and towels are a sign of opulence and are a must-have in any high-end hotel. You don’t have to splurge on expensive bed linen. Brands like IKEA and Primark offer affordable and quality white bedding options that will give your bedroom a luxurious feel.
Consider Designer Dupes
You don’t have to spend a fortune to have designer pieces in your home. Many high-street retailers have quality dupes of designer pieces, so keep an eye out for them. Jade suggests looking for inspiration on high-end interior websites like West Town London, The White Company, or Neptune and searching for similar keywords on sites like IKEA, B&M, and Primark. Reverse image search can also help you find look-alike pieces and score them at a fraction of the price.
Where to Find the Best Designer Dupes?
Primark Home is one of Jade’s go-to stores for high-quality, expensive looking pieces at affordable prices. Their Rattan Lounge Chair, available in-store for £90, is a great alternative to the Indor Easy Lounge Chair, which retails for £520. Accent chairs are an excellent addition to any living space, especially for upgrading empty corners and creating cozy nooks.
B&M offers a wide range of homeware options and is particularly good for Neptune and The White Company dupes. Recently, they have started using more natural elements, fewer plastics, and more glass. Jade recommends their Glass Jars with Cork Lids, which come in small for £2 and large for £3.50. They look fantastic and can help elevate your cupboard and shelving space.
- Jade’s love for bargain hunting originated from her upbringing and her mother’s love for home interiors.
- Layering and texture add interest to a neutral palette.
- White bed linen and towels are a sign of opulence and are used famously in high-end hotels.
- Interior design websites like The White Company and Neptune offer high-end inspiration.
- B&M is making strides towards a more sustainable future with natural elements like glass replacing plastic pieces.
- Stick to a neutral color palette, and add layers and textures.
- Invest in white bed linen and towels for an instant upgrade.
- Find inspiration from high-end interior design websites.
- Search for designer dupes on high-street retailers or use reverse image search.
- Homeware stores like Primark and B&M offer quality and affordable dupes.
You can create a luxurious home without breaking the bank by being a savvy shopper and following Jade’s tips. Start by sticking to a neutral color palette, investing in white bedding, and adding layers and textures. Look for inspiration on high-end interior design websites and search for designer dupes on high-street retailers. Stores like Primark and B&M offer quality and affordable dupes, so don’t hesitate to check them out. Remember, you don’t need to spend a fortune to have a beautiful home.